Monday, April 14, 2008

Giving Up On Senior Relationships or Just Getting Started?

Sometimes when I hear friends and acquaintances talk about their spouses I get the feeling that they have given up and decided to ride it out.

In the words of somebody whose name I can't remember, "hold fast your dreams'. Because as someone once told me Vince Lombardi really said in his famous quote 'winning isn't everything, but doing what you have to to win is'.

So there you have it. One quote without an author and an author without a verified quote. Sorry.

Still, I for one like the ideas. Maybe we aren't supposed to be looking just at the scoreboard (as important as that is on this plane.) Maybe indeed the great scorekeeper in the sky keeps several. Who knows?

So, hang in there, go for it, and don't necessarily figure you're going to find the goal line in this game.

At least that what it looks like from here the deeper I get into reading, talking, and doing intimate relationship.

No comments: