Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Israeli Jazz Flute Tribute

Heard a nice jazz piece at a concert recently. You can listen to it here if you like jazz. Sounds kind of Brazilian to me and indeed that connection was mentioned in the performer's comments at the show. What I never figured out was if that's a personal connection of his or there is some Brazil-Israel link in jazz.



What really got my attention was that he wrote this piece in memory of his father, who as it turns out was about my age when he died.



All that stuff about "live like you're going to die tomorrow" makes a lot of sense, but I've never been able to actually do anything with it. I'm sure this young man's father was not planning to leave this earth so young (by my standards at least). Can't help but go back to "what would I do if I knew?"

No comments: