Thursday, July 17, 2008

When All Else Fails
Re-read Byron Katie





When it comes to sticking with what is, with staying in the present, the work of Byron Katie described in Loving What Is is just the ticket.


Sometimes all this be-here-now stuff gets to be a bit hard to grasp. When that happens to me, I reach for my well worn copy of Byron Katie and just start reading about anywhere the book falls open. The common sense, the uncommon sense, and the humor can help me get myself going most every time.


The older we get, the more it seems we need to keep our attention right here right now. Maybe this is because there is more "back there in time" with each advancing year. I for one find it hard not to compare what's happening now with what happened before and before that and before that in an effort to make sense of what's going on now. Actually it doesn't help, but I still try it.


A bigger dose of loving what is and less attention on memories of what was is a darned good prescription for just about any relationship issue.

No comments: