Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Managing Conflict In relationships

If you find yourself carrying anger and resentment in your relationships, the situation can become a powder keg. The only real question is how long the fuse is. The destructive power is certain.

For me, getting my head around the fact that my own feeling of anger and resentment is not about the person right in front of me has taken a while. Even after I read experts on the subject make their cases that it is something programmed in a long time ago that is being set off now, I didn't really get it.

When the penny finally dropped was when I read some articles by Steven Stocsny and looked into his "HEALS" program. (He's trademarked the word HEALS, I just can't figure out how to get a little bitty tm after it.) It's really excellent.

If you have trouble managing your anger in relationship conflict, this fellow's stuff is worth looking up.

No comments: