Thursday, May 15, 2008

He/She Would Never Do That

Why would he/she never do that? Why would I never do something? talk about something? consider something?

My own personal list is pretty long, and pretty mundane

  • it will make me look bad

  • I won't be able to do it well and I will look bad

  • it will embarrass me

  • it will bring up strong feelings that I won't be able to handle

  • I will really like it and my partner will be disgusted

  • it will hurt

  • it is stupid

  • it is immoral, illegal, bad, bad, bad

  • etc.




So, . . . . what does this tell me? Not sure really. I guess that there are plenty of "reasons" to do or not do something and most of them are worthy of discussion and consideration. Especially between two people who care about each other.


www.better-relationships-over-50.com

No comments: