Monday, May 19, 2008

Sex Problems Over 50

Are couples' sex problems better/worse or different over 50? Or, are they the same, but life changes just make them seem different.


A psychologist friend has often told me about a study she read 20 or 30 years ago ( she doesn't remember and can't find it now ) in which women were asked what they preferred to do with men and what they preferred to do with women. Heterosexual women were pretty consistent in saying that sex was the ONLY thing that they preferred to do with men. Everything else they'd rather do with female friends.


Oh man! That explains a lot. I guess. If it's right. If they didn't ask lousy questions.


There's so much more to sex than sex. If you don't believe that, just ask a guy who's had his prostate removed and they couldn't save all or most of the nerves. You still have feeling in your penis, you just can't shove it into any available orifice. All of a sudden everything else about sex besides friction becomes the deciding factor in how it all works out.


At least that's how it has seemed to me. And, I have been embarrassed, surprised, ashamed, confused, ( you name it ) about what a klutz I have always been on all that important stuff. Took cancer to figure out how much of a problem I had/have. Probably wouldn't have admitted it otherwise.


If you've ever looked at my website www.Better-Relationships-Over-50.com you already know that I've been reading, thinking, meditating, talking with people on this topic for a long time. I'm not where I'd like to be, but I'm working on it.

No comments: