Friday, May 9, 2008

Are We Just Getting Tired In Our Relationships?

Sometimes I wonder if many relationship problems that come along with getting older aren't an outgrowth of just getting weary.


I vividly remember watching a friend wrestle for the state championship. In the last 30 seconds of the last round it was tied and he and the other wrestler went round and round and round and finally Danny just stopped going around. The other guy won.


Later I asked him if he just got tired of the whole thing and he said "yeah".


I suspect that one of the risks of getting older is that we may just decide that we've been around this this circle enough and the heck with it. I know that I find myself getting more tempted all the time.




I think it's a big mistake. After all, it aint over til its over, so we better play on.

No comments: